Saturday, November 14, 2009

Radiata tortoise diet and eyes help!?

I just acquired my new 10 yo radiated tortoise and he wont eat. I put 4 kinds of leafs. but when I put pumpkin he starts eating but slowly. how will i let him eat leaves? one more thing, his left eye are always closed. only the right one is always open. when the left side is open the side of the eyeball has a white thing that hes hard to open his eyes.after a few seconds it will closed again. help pls.


P.S. : I soak him everyday since I acquired him.


Drop some water into his eyes.


Put a basking lamp around 80-88 F


A soaking dish.





help pls guys. thanks!

Radiata tortoise diet and eyes help!?
Give him a couple of weeks to settle in--then he should eat better. Up your temps--they are way too low. 95F is better. Don't forget a UVB--a must for these guys.


He could have something stuck in his eye--I would have an experience reptile vet take a look.


Feed him a mixture of dark leafy greens, some fruit, some hay.





Good source of info:





http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/PDFS/Ra...


No comments:

Post a Comment